1. Every year, three billion Christmas cards are mailed to the United States.
2. Since 1850, Christmas trees have been sold in the United States.
3. The typical Christmas tree grows for roughly 15 years.
4. In 1836, Alabama became the first state to formally acknowledge Christmas. Oklahoma was the latest to do so in 1907.
5. 1. St. Nicholas of Myra is the inspiration for Santa Claus. He is the patron of banking, brokerage, sailing, orphans, and the city of New York.
6. At 1901, President Teddy Roosevelt, an environmentalist, prohibited the usage of Christmas trees in the White House.
7. Each year, around 35 million live Christmas trees are marketed in the United States; more than 45 million have been planted.
8. Holiday purchases account for one-sixth of all yearly retail sales in the United States.
9. 1. "White Christmas," written by Irving Berlin, is the best-selling single record of all time, selling more than 100 million copies worldwide.
10. 1. The total number of presents given on the twelve days of Christmas will be 364.